Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New Series... Equine (Horse) Color Studies


First, I just want to say thank you to all of the people, customers or not who have written me to give a comment, or a shout out of support.

As an artist, what I put out for the world to see is so personal, that it really moves me when others are able to see what I envisioned in my mind. So, thank you.

Today, I'm showing the second in a series of equine color studies. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE painting, drawing, riding, talking about horses. I've been absolutely horse crazy all my life, and they were the first animal I taught myself to draw.

Some of my fondest memories are of me, my sketch pad and my huge Quarter Horse, "Cat".

This particular piece is a 5x7 color study of an Arabian stallion. I was shooting to capture the arrogance and pride of these magnificent horses. It's up for auction in my ebay store, and I'll be posting at least two more in the next few days, as I've received several emails asking when more would be available.

Good night to all. Once again I've completel shattered my 10pm curfew.... good intentions but I start to paint and all sense of time flies out the window. Let's hope the girls want to sleep in just a little...fingers are crossed!

No comments: