Saturday, October 21, 2006

Long Day

POPPIES IN PERSPECTIVE c 2006

I didn't paint at all today. But, the good news is that my husband got my new workbench built in my studio, which gives me 8 FEET of workspace, 3.5 feet deep.... yea! I'll be able to get crazy with some of my abstracts working on an elevated surface, instead of killing my back with the canvas on the floor.

I know, I'm feeling ALL of my 33 years tonight. It didn't help that my baby woke up at 3:20 am needing a diaper change, then my 3 year old came stumbling into our room at 5:15 saying she was awake and needed her yogurt, a banana and the Backyardigans.

It's now 11:30, and I'm going to go to sleep as soon as I get one last basket of laundry put away.

I'm not posting something new today, but rather a piece that has some news! "Poppies in Perspective" was selected to be one of the "big gifts" in indieholidays.com, which people are calling a better holiday site than redenvelope.com! It was a nice surprize, as the lady who runs the catalog emailed me and asked if she could include my painting as one of two featured items.

How wonderful!

Please keep the emails coming, I love to hear from all of you, your thoughts, critiques, anything!

Good night, I'm off to (fingers crossed) get some sleep!

- Carrie

No comments: