Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hummingbirds... newest daily series


So, it's raining. And it's cold. And it's probably going to stay like this until sometime in June.... sigh. The trials of living in the NW.

Weather like this makes me nostalgic for summers in Texas, which last roughly from March until October.... this train of thought made me think of the little hummingbirds that we always put feeders out for. Especially my dad. He LOVES hummingbirds.

On the first visit to Texas with my then boyfriend, now husband, Scott, my dad was living in this little place out in the middle of nowhere, near Glen Rose, TX. He had 3-4 big feeders out, and in the evenings, there were literally HUNDREDS of these wonderful tiny little birds feeding out there. Absolute magic.

Scott was mesmerized by these little guys.

There is my inspiration for today's post! It's a little hummingbird in flight, with my color interpretation.

5x7 on canvas panel, available in my ebay store. Please email me with any questions!

No comments: