Wednesday, November 1, 2006

"Fire Blooms"


"Fire Blooms" c 2006
Click Here to Bid


I have a thing about funky flowers. I mean, I love flowers in nature, flowers in paintings, especially flowers from my husband when he's not in trouble.... but I very much enjoy flowers in non-traditional settings.

Abstract paintings, to me at least, can sometimes feel "hard" or "cold". When you paint flowers in an abstract sense, it's hard to make them unfeeling or harsh. This particular piece is a diptych of 14x28 panels, the subject is two bold, fat, red blooming flowers that look like they are springing to life from fire.

What you can't see in the photo is the metallic gold hints, and bits of deep purple in the flowers themselves. It's finished with a high gloss varnish for protection.

Email me with any questions, as always, I love to hear from new people!

No comments: