Thursday, November 2, 2006

"The Dance" another equine study


"The Dance" c 2006
SOLD

Well, I no sooner had this piece up than it sold. It shows that when I paint from the heart, other people connect with my work and feel the intensity I have for the subject.

This particular piece is an equine study in movement of an Arabian stallion prancing. I have always loved the grace in an Arab's movements, so delicate and light on their feet. (Unless it's a little dappled Arab named Beaver that I learned to jump on, she was like a Mack Truck on hooves!)

Anyway, I guess that I have always been touched by a deep connection to horses. It was the first thing I drew once I got past stick figures, that was what I pinned up on my walls in junior high, horse pictures from Horse Illustrated and Western Horseman, not photos from Tiger Beat or other pre-teen magazines.

I still love horses, any breed, any color. I love to watch them, listen to them, I love the sweet smell of their breath after eating hay, and their soft, velvety muzzles.

This horse pic isn't available any longer, but I have others in my eBay store, and will be posting more.

No comments: