Monday, December 18, 2006

"Winter Lion" an up close study of a male lion


"Winter Lion" c 2006

This painting is not available


FINALLY.... I have ten minutes to myself so I can put something in my blog! It has been a crazy crazy week, with two sick kids, a husband working long hours, TONS of orders to get shipped out... I'm beat.


However, I am absolutely not complaining! I would rather be running around like this, scrambling to get the artwork that folks have purchased ready to ship than anxiously hovering near my computer hoping to get some buyers. This is GREAT.


It would be a little easier if my dear husband hadn't been sent out of town by his company this week. Makes things a little harder. But we're coping. I've got lots of projects set for the girls, and a sitter coming for a few hours in the afternoon towards the end of the week.


If all goes well, and the baby feels OK, the girls are going to grandma and grandpa's house for a few hours tomorrow so I can actually go paint in my studio... other than the gifts and last minute commission pieces people ordered as gifts, I haven't had a chance to just PAINT. And my fingers are itching. I have this disheveled angel in my head that really wants to make an appearance on canvas.... you might see her soon.


In the mean time, here is the lion I painted as a gift to my mother. I fell in love with him and really considered keeping him for myself, but it is Christmas after all... the season of giving and all that!

No comments: