Tuesday, December 5, 2006

New Abstract Heart Triptych


"Love me, Love me not" c2006



In my never ending quest to find interesting subjects to paint, I was exploring symbolism both in popular culture and religion. This series of hearts stems from my search. I'm working on a series of symbols and icons, a series that can hang alone or all work together, with icons from historical societies, ancient civilization, religious symbols and modern mysticism.


The hearts are on the whimsical side, painted in earthy, rustic tones, glazed lightly with an antique gold and pewter glazes, and the black of the highly textured hearts are highlighted with a light turquoise accent.


The three pieces can be hung alone, or mix and matched into different combinations. Each panel is 16x20, for a total size of 48" wide. Gallery wrapped edges painted black, and wired for easy hanging.

No comments: