Wednesday, December 6, 2006

"Birth of Venus" a large scale abstract


"Birth of Venus" c2006



As I come into my own as an artist, finding my style, appreciating the ideas in my head, I feel comfortable exploring new techniques and tools to really bring out my cretaive thoughts...


This painting is a result of that. Not only is this piece not actually a square, it's full of texture and painting strokes created with unexpected elements.


I have actually been painting with a spoon for part of my new stuff! It is so much fun, and the freedom of not being able to control every stoke to the exact milimeter for placement is resulting in movement and life I didn't have before in some pieces!


I am really enjoying this piece, and know it will find just the right home. It's 42" wide by 28" tall at it's widest points, and is comprised of 5 panels... one 14x28 and four 11x14.


Please email me with any questions or comments. I love to hear from others!

No comments: