Wednesday, December 20, 2006

"I Still Hear the Music" Abstract Carousel Horse


"I Still Hear the Music" c2006



My dad wrote me a poem in college called "Painted Horses". To date, it is my favorite poem of all time. He sent this to me while I was away at college and we weren't as close as we once were.


When I was a little girl, my daddy and I had a special bond, then through the course of a host of family issues, coupled with my adolescence, we grew apart.


I moved back to Austin during my junior year of college, and my daddy and I found a way to connect again. We went to movies every Sunday and out to either a late breakfast or early lunch. It was our thing, and we did that for several years until I moved out to Oregon for a job.


My dad and I are close to this day. We don't talk every day, but we send eachother emails, and I know he thinks of me as often as I do him. I still remember painted horses, and the carousel he sent me through words... I love you, Dad.

No comments: