Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New painting aptly titled "Rain"


In celebration of the weather, which I'll have to get used to for the next 6 months, I'm posting a small abstract acrylic titled "Rain" today. It's 8x8, heavily textured, and actually framed in an ebony poplar frame.

I painted this as a celebration of the Pacific Northwest, because after all, if we didn't have all the rain, we wouldn't have the beautiful green surrounding us. My father had a saying that I incorporated with my wedding (we married on St. Patrick's Day 2001, and of course, it rained).

Dad's thoughts are "I love the sun as it warms the bones, but I love the rain for it cleanses the spirit".

Thanks, Dad! I needed that today. It's a hard transition from 80 and sunny to a week solid of 60 and rain.

Here's the link for "Rain".

No comments: