Tuesday, January 2, 2007

"Sky Full of Dragons" abstract, colorful dragonflies


"Sky Full of Dragons" c2007



So the dawn of yet another year has inspired me to paint, and paint, and paint and paint. Today, I worked on a mural for my daughter's preschool, and now I'm heading to the studio to get some "brush time" before tucking my daughters in to bed.


My husband, bless his heart, takes over with bathing duties and bedtime winding down so I can get to the studio in the evenings.


I have a head full of ideas, and not all of them are cohesive, or even in a similar style. I found some great old black and white photos of women, which inspired yesterday's painting, and today I just went with the colors and let them flow as they would... filling a canvas with a rainbow of dragonflies.


Love them both, actually.


This piece is again 24x24 on deep gallery wrapped sides, so it's pretty good sized, and is up for auction now.

No comments: