Wednesday, January 3, 2007

"Abandon" a bright, modern abstract nude


"Abandon" c2007



As an artist, I recognize that there is nothing so graceful as the curves on a woman's body. I suppose that's why the female form is and has been so prominent a subject in paintings for centuries.


I have been drawn to painting nudes lately, the form, to composition, the flow of the paintings have been inspired by old photographs, sketches from my life drawing classes in college (yes, I graduated 10+ years ago and still have some of my sketches), and pictures in my head.


This particular piece is filled with lots of bold brushstrokes, movement, and vivid colors, quite the contrast from my nude listed two days ago, which is cool colors, dark, and more moody.


It's a celebration, a woman dancing with abandon... hence the name.


It's 24"x18" on gallery wrapped canvas, and comes ready to hang.


As always, email me with any questions. Thanks!

No comments: