Tuesday, March 6, 2007

"Rain Poppies" a bold abstract field of red poppies in the rain


"Rain Poppies" c2007



It's funny that on the most beautiful day in the pacific northwest in more than four months I choose to paint a scene that centers around rain! I thought the bright red abstract poppies contrasted beautifully against the dark chocolate background.


The shades of blue from the slashing rain combine to make quite a fluid, movement filled piece.


I'm so happy to be over my "painters block"and creating work that I enjoy. Have a lovely Tuesday everyone! We're going to have one more bonus day of beautiful weather, so I'll be taking the girls to the duck pond this afternoon again.

1 comment:

chubbyisnotcute said...

Oh Carrie...I love this! Your talent is so uplifting. I think I appreciate it's beauty more because I know how limited your time is.